This is how you can take your best selfie ever
April 12, 2018
You may not like to admit it but you are most probably guilty of taking a ridiculous amount of selfies, and often you end up disappointed that they do not turn out the way you imagined they would. Fret not, in an interview with E!, the queen of selfies, Kim Kardashian, shares her tips on how to take an amazing selfie every time you turn that front-facing camera on.
1. Lighting is everything. Lighting is EVERYTHING!
“You need good lighting, obviously.”
2. Aim high. Stop taking selfies from below your face.
“Always take your selfie from above, angling down.”
3. Work your good angle. Chin down, head tilted, pouted lips.
“Know your angles.”
4. Contour to perfection.
“I’m back into contour and think when you’ve done it really well it definitely helps your selfie. Once you put the light on, it just shows off your features so well.”
5. Do not worry about smile lines. Selfies are meant to be fun.
Make sure you enjoy yourself when you are taking your selfies. Use props, go crazy.
6. Filter fabulous. Filters are there for a reason, use them.
The flower crown filter is Kim’s favourite filter, the dog filter comes in at second place.
7. Stay in your comfort zone.
“I do what makes me feel comfortable. If you’re not comfortable, don’t do that. Just do whatever makes you feel good inside and happy. It doesn’t bother me, so that’s why I do it.”
8. Post a selfie because you like it, not because other people will (or will not).
“When I post something, I don’t post it to try and get a reaction. I post it because I like the photo.”
9. Keep those lips supple.
“Lip moisturizers” are a must-have to Kim Kardashian.
10. Ignore the haters. Remember that the comments do not validate you.
“You can look for the reaction for fun or if you’re interested, but for validation, I don’t need that so I don’t really get hurt by the comments.”
If you’ve got tips of your own, share them with us in the comments below.