Everything You Need To Know About Mark Ronson
January 8, 2019
Talk about starting 2019 with a bang! Mark Ronson just won a Golden Globe for best original song for “Shallow” with Lady Gaga, Anthony Rossomando and Andrew Wyatt. And if that isn’t enough, his collab hit song with Miley Cryus “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” is still topping charts everywhere, including ours!
The supremely talented DJ, musician, producer and songwriter (phew!) is making news everywhere! This pretty much got us curious to find out more. So, with that we’ve gathered 10 interesting facts about Mark Ronson.
- He co-wrote the ThunderCats theme song when he was all of 8.
- He almost died twice! Once was on the sets of Uptown Funk after doing 45 takes to get it right AND the second was after eating raw liver sushi whilst working with Black Lips for the track ‘Raw Meat’.
- Mark Ronson is actually British and was born in London.
- He’s done a Ted Talk on music sampling.
- He played at Tom Cruise’s and Paul McCartney’s weddings.
- He has a famous family. His sister Samantha is also a DJ and Charlotte is a fashion designer.
- He has lots and lots of awards. From the Grammy to being named the most stylish man in the U.K. by GQ (2009).
- He’s a “Please Don’t Wear Any Fur” PETA activist.
- His list of collabs are endless. From Amy Winehouse to Adele, he’s pretty much worked with the best artists out there!
- His favourite football team is Chelsea F.C.
We’ve been sneaky and added one fake fact here. Can you guess which one it is? Let us know in the comments below.