Taking A Scroll With Mary J Blige
January 11, 2019
On this day last year, the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul, Mary J Blige, celebrated her birthday with a Hollywood star! Nine time Grammy winner and R&B star is no stranger to fame. From selling over 75 million records to getting noted for her acting performance in Mudbound to inspiring the next generation of singers, Blige is truly an icon. Despite having faced many struggles from being homeless to going through substance abuse, the singer has fought hard and risen to be the star she is.
On the “Family Affair” singer’s birthday, we’re scrolling way back through her Instagram and putting together our favourites.
1. Ok, seriously, how cute was Baby Blige?
2. #GLOWUP goals coming to you by the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul
3. When you give the side-eye to your ex.
4. When she was the brightest star in Hollywood.
5. We’re counting down to days to The Umbrella Academy. February 15th 2019!
6. When you’re almost reaching 50 and working that bling and camo so good.
7. Fiercely embracing and supporting #TheStrenghtOfAWoman.
View this post on Instagram
This weekend at #EssenceFest was so beautiful and a real blessing and so much fun. It is great to see so many powerful talented women come together and support each other. I want to thank my sisters, friends and all the ladies of #StrengthOfAWoman night for helping me make this weekend an amazing #StrengthOfAWoman weekend. Queen Latifah, LaTonya Blige, Jonquell Dillard, Jada Pinkett- Smith, Monica, Niecy Nash, Jazmine Sullivan, Jill Scott, Chaka Kahn, Layla Hathaway, Tamron Hall, Kristi Henderson, Dee ReeseShirley Jones from The Jones Girls, Remy Ma, Ari Lennox, PJ, Teyana Taylor, Michel'le, Jhene Aiko and Lizzo. Thank you to all my fans for your love and support always. Thank you to #Essence for the opportunity to curate a night like Saturday night. It was LIT! Michelle Eubanks and the #Essence team thank you so much for all of your love and an amazing weekend and emotional brunch and honor as well as Planned Parenthood, Ayars Agency, MVD INC & KISS. I really appreciate you all seriously. God Bless you all. 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘👑👑👑👑👑👑👑😊🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
8. When she’s still killing it on the red carpet.
9. Sharing wisdom. Preach.
10. Healing herself through music. Our favorite remedy too.