The Mona Lisa Spoke To Carlos Santana And Now We Have A New EP!
January 16, 2019
Guitar legend Carlos Santana will be releasing a new EP with Concord Records, called In Search For Mona Lisa, on January 25, and it’s going to be magical! The 5-track EP is inspired by Santana’s visit to the Lourve where he had a bewitching interaction with the Mona Lisa (muse of muses).
In an announcement released by John Burk, president of Concord Records, he said, “Carlos Santana is an artist of singular voice. Immediately recognized for his signature sound and celebrated as one of the greatest guitarists of all time, his gift for melody and ability to seamlessly fuse and transcend musical genres has inspired us all”. Well said.
With three spellbinding originals, Carlos Santana will take listeners through a deep and prodigious experience that was inspired by Leonardo Da Vinci’s masterpiece. As Santana said “it was a message of inspiration and visualization”.
The EP also features Santana’s wife Cindy Blackman on drums, bassist Ron Carter, and producer Narada Michael Walden on keyboards, drum and bass.
Here’s the radio-ready tracklist:
1. Do You Remember Me
2. In Search Of Mona Lisa
3. Lovers From Another Time (edit version)
4. In Search Of Mona Lisa (edit version)
Later this year, we can expect a full album from the guitar virtuoso in collaboration with producer Rick Rubin. 2019 also marks 50 years since his legendary performance at Woodstock and the 20th anniversary of his hit album Supernatural.
Also, this isn’t the first time art has inspired musicians; it’s a love affair that won’t die soon! Here are some of our favourite tracks inspired by art.
1. The Birth Of Venus by Sandro Botticelli- Venus by Lady Gaga
2. What I Saw In The Water by Frida Kahlo- What The Water Gave Me by Florence And The Machine
3. Viva la Vida, Watermelons by Frida Kahlo and Liberty Guiding the People by Eugène Delacroix- Viva la Vida by Coldplay
4. The Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh- Vincent (Starry Starry Night) by Don McLean