10 Things We Learned From Sam Smith On Instagram
February 18, 2019
From singing duets with legends to topping charts to cryptic tattoos , we scrolled-and-stalked Sam Smith real hard on Instagram and pulled out some pretty interesting facts about him!
1. He’s In-stye-gram is the best and full of puns.
2. He won an Academy Award for Best Original Song for Writings on the Wall.
3. Sam Smith first collaborated with Disclosure on “Latch” , which was released on 8 October 2012.
4. He sang a duet with Mary J Blige and it was epic!
5. He’s a huge fan of Beyonce! He once said “All I know is, female voices truly make me feel. Male voices just don’t hit that spot.”
6. As a kid he dreamt of making it on the cover of Rolling Stones. Well… dreams to come true.
7. He has two sisters, Mabel and Lily, and the trio have matching tattoos! How cute!
8. He even sang with his idol, John Legend! It was legendary!
9. He’s a big fan of Whitney Houston and did a cover on her song “How Will I Know” which first aired on Grey’s Anatomy.
10. Sam Smith is actually a trained jazz singer. He sang as a backup singer for his vocal coach and did small gigs in London.
View this post on Instagram
Having the time of my life at #montreuxjazzfestival – this festival reminds me why I love music so much. I can't thank you enough @quincydjones for showing me such an amazing time. Words can't describe the respect and love I have for you. If you haven't been to Montreux for the festival – PLEASE GO. It will change your life ❤
BONUS- Sam Smith was such a cute kiddo!