Eminem Re-Releases ‘Slim Shady’ With Bonus Tracks For 20th Anniversary
February 24, 2019
“Hi! My name is what? My name is who? My name is Slim Shady“.
Twenty years ago these breakthrough lyrics were introduced to us with Eminem’s album Slim Shady. This Friday the rapper announced that he re-released the album on streaming services with bonus tracks.
And with that, the rapper tweeted “Happy bday Shady!”
The re-released LP, Slim Shady LP Expanded Edition, has 30 tracks of which ten are bonus tracks that include “Hazardous Youth (A Cappella),” “Get You Mad” and “Bad Guys Always Die” from the Wild Wild West soundtrack. Three versions of “Guilty Conscience” featuring Dr. Dre are also included in the this epic LP (whoa!).
Here’s a look at some interesting facts about Eminem.
1. His first album was called Infinite and it only sold 1,000 copies.
2. When the Slim Shady LP dropped, he was still staying in his trailer home.
3. He thought of the name Slim Shady when he was actually sitting on the loo.
4. He lied to his then girlfriend that he was taking Hailie (his daughter) to Chuck E. Cheese but actually took her to record for “97 Bonnie & Clyde”.
5. His mum sued his school over the bullying he got from D’Angelo Bailey, the same guy Eminem rapped about on “Brain Damage”.
6. D’Angelo Bailey later went on to sue Eminem for $1 million, claiming that “Brain Damage” distorted his reputation. It was dismissed.
7. His monikers represent his different personalities. Slim Shady for temper or anger, Eminem is the rapper and Marshall Mathers is who he is at the end of the day.
8. His name Eminem came from his initials M(arshall) M(athers)!
9. “Lose Yourself” became the first ever rap song to be awarded an Oscar.
10. He has a world record for his song ‘Rap God’ that has 1,560 words in 6:04 minutes at an average of 4.28 words per second (phew!).
Which is your favourite song from the Slim Shady LP album? To catch Eminem’s biggest tracks, stay tuned to Dance FM.